Every day, I run across people who have no hope or expectation for a better tomorrow. I know many who are afraid to anticipate anything above tolerable and mediocre just to avoid disappointment. When I was a child, I thought that way. I was so afraid to love out of fear of being rejected, that I just found an emotional hiding place & kept it warm & cozy with my fears. That fear carried on into my young adult years & in every situation, I would keep, ‘one foot over the fence’ so that I was the one in control- Or so I thought..
Fear is an odd thing and is often confused with discernment or wisdom. You must use discernment to make wise decisions, but if you make those decisions based on fear, they are left to their own schemes. Fear is bondage. Fear is not freedom or preparation as I supposed when I was young. Fear binds, fear confines, fear chokes, fear evokes, fear evades, fear sickens, fear limits, and fear leads to spiritual death.
BE FREE: If you want to be freed from fear, you must understand its origin:
• For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7
• There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
• The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10
Fear is reserved for the world, not GOD’S people:
• We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
1 John 5:19
• 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4
Fear is a battle in the mind where satan loves to play:
• Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
Fear evokes worry, and worry begets doubt, and doubt chokes the kingdom’s intervention:
• 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-8
Fear is NOT your friend. The only good fear is the fear of GOD:
• Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil. Ecclesiastes 5:1
Until next time,
Make peace with peace ✌
DestinyB / C Y U